Posted by justin kelly juzzy on October 01, 2004 at 20:31:24:
In Reply to: Re: How to build a mini hover craft? posted by Nneamaka on November 10, 2003 at 14:14:02:
1.Cut a 4 inch square out of the cardboard.
Punch a hole in the cardboard - you may need to get an adult to do this part. If you attempt it yourself be very careful. Make sure you punch the hole in the center of the cardboard. The hole should be the same size as the hole in the spool.
2. Glue the spool to the cardboard on top of the hole. Make sure you glue it real good. Make sure the holes line up. Make sure you use enough glue to assure that no air can escape between the spool and the piece of cardboard. Make sure you put the lid back on the glue when you're finished.
3. Cover the top of the spool with a circle of paper - glue it to the spool and wait until the glue is good and dry.
4. Punch a hole in the middle of the paper cover where the hole of the spool is. Now your hole should run through the paper, spool, and cardboard without any obstructions (watch for too much glue).
5. Blow up the balloon and twist the end to keep the air from escaping. Stretch the balloon over the top of the spool.
6. Make sure your mouse is wearing his seatbelt (optional step).
Set the hovercraft on a level table. Let go of the balloon.
Cool huh? Give the hovercraft a few gently pushes
Post a Reply